PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles On What The Undertaker Gave Him Following Boneyard Match

Kemo
07-06-2021, 08:12 PM
AJ Styles was the Undertaker’s final opponent. Taker defeated Styles in a Boneyard match at WrestleMania 36. He would then officially announce his retirement during the “Last Ride” docuseries on the WWE Network.

During a recent appearance on Ryan Satin’s “Out of Character” podcast, Styles talked about wanting to give Taker a memento from their match.

“I called his wife [Michelle McCool] and I was like, ‘Hey, what does he want? Because I need to get him something,’” Styles said. “She was just like, ‘Hey, well, give him your gloves. That would mean a lot to him if you signed a glove.’ I was like, ‘Alright.’ Michelle hooked me up.”

As he continued, Styles noted that Undertaker sent him his gloves as well and also included a nice thank you letter.

“Hopefully that was a gift that he enjoyed. He actually sent his gloves to me with a very nice thank you letter, which meant the world to me.”

During a previous interview with Sports Illustrated last year, Styles spoke about just how long it took to shoot the cinematic style match.

“I don’t know if everyone knows how long it actually took,” Styles said. “We started around eight o’clock, and we didn’t get finished ‘til about 4:30 in the morning. It was basically a movie, so we needed to get cameras in the right spot and walk through some stuff that was going to happen. I have a lot more respect for actors after working on those fight scenes.”