PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes Comments On NXT Using “The Great American Bash”

Kemo
07-06-2021, 08:16 PM
In 1985, Dusty Rhodes created the Great American Bash. The first event was held on July 6th, 1985 from the American Legion Memorial Stadium in Charlotte, North Carolina. The week before, on June 30th, 1985, another one of Dusty Rhodes’ creations entered the world when Cody was born.

Tonight, NXT presents the Great American Bash from the Capitol Wrestling Center in Florida. Cody Rhodes commented on WWE using the name of an event created by his father recently on Twitter.

“Business is business. They have the rights to many of Dusty’s greatest creations. My hope is that they do them justice and I will never be bitter about his legacy being honored and a whole new generation seeing he was a genius w/lasting concepts,” Cody responded on Twitter.

In 2019, Cody commented on possibly buying the War Games concept from WWE during an AEW media call as well.

“Well, you mention WarGames and I’m thinking to myself, I really just want to buy it back,” he said on the call. “I wonder if they would let me buy it back because Dusty thought of the match concept on a napkin in a parking lot. Arn Anderson was there, I got a witness. The one they do now isn’t truly loyal to the old school rules of it. Maybe I can get it back.”