PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre Urges Released Superstars to Remain Positive

Kemo
07-08-2021, 05:38 PM
WWE has a history of culling its unwanted superstars, however, 2021 has brought a number of shocking announcements. Including the release of popular superstars such as Brawn Strowman and Aleister Black. Black just made his AEW debut, attacking both Cody Rhodes and Arn Anderson. Talking to the International Business Times, former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre has spoken up about the recent wave of WWE releases.

“It is a huge opportunity. That’s the way I look at it.” He said when asked for his thoughts on the releases. “Perhaps some of the superstars that were released weren’t particularly happy with their position. Now, they have an opportunity to go out there and reinvent themselves and the world’s opening back up.”

Wrestling is an ever-changing world. A release does not always necessarily mean the end of the journey with that promotion.

Drew McIntyre is one of the WWE’s biggest stars right now. He was their main champion through the Pandemic Era. However, things were not always rosy for the big guy. McIntyre can relate more than others to the pressure and stress of losing a job. He himself was released by WWE back in 2014.

“I was so fortunate that when I was released from the WWE, that’s exactly what my mindset was–I’m gonna put the image out that I see myself as, as opposed to what others see me as. Thankfully, it caught on. I was given a lot of opportunities outside of WWE to make my name and it brought me back to WWE and to the top of the mountain.” Drew McIntyre said when talking about his own experience.

“There are so many talented individuals that just got released. They can do exactly the same [as I did]. If they’ve got the work ethic and the passion, they’re gonna make it happen and I’ll see them all again one day,”

If there is one wrestler who could serve as a guiding light for those superstars, then it would be Drew McIntyre. His story was chronicled by WWE ahead of his Wrestlemania moment in 2020. Drew will be looking to get back to the top of the mountain by winning the Money in the Bank ladder match later this month.