PDA

View Full Version : Health Slater On Which Stars He Originally Wanted In 3MB

Kemo
07-12-2021, 05:21 PM
Former WWE star Heath Slater recently appeared as a guest on Such Good Shoot podcast where he opened up about his WWE career.

One of the career highlights of the One Man Band was being part of the 3MB faction. While the group did not achieve a lot of success in WWE, it did win the heart of fans and is remembered as one of the most beloved factions.

During the interview, Slater recalled how he was the one who pitched the idea for the group to WWE officials. The former Nexus member then revealed which stars he originally wanted in his band:

“I pitch [Dean] Ambrose, Fandango, and EC3. And this is before any of them are on TV. Fandango and EC3 were on NXT season three or something. So I pitch for those three. And then they were like, ‘Okay, let me get back with you.’” recalled Heath Slater, “and this is Michael Hayes the whole time I’m talking with.”

The former WWE star finally got a response from Hayes after a few weeks. While his idea got approval, he was told that his group would not involve Ambrose, Fandango or EC3 because the creatives had other plans for them.

Drew McIntyre and Jinder Mahal interfered in a match of Heath Slater in September 2012. They attacked his opponent Brodus Clay and formed the 3MB. The group was disbanded in 2014 when both McIntyre and Mahal were released from their contracts.