PDA

View Full Version : Adam Cole Addresses Main Roster Call Up and Fighting Samoa Joe

Kemo
07-12-2021, 05:22 PM
Adam Cole is a star on the rise in NXT. Many people believe that the time has come for him to rise even higher. Fans are calling for him to make his move up to the main roster. However, talking on a recent episode of Inside the Ropes, Cole made it very clear that he still has plans in NXT.

trF3FbwIG-E

“There is so much to do. That’s the other thing. I find it so flattering that there are people [saying] ‘God, I want to see Adam Cole on RAW or SmackDown so, so badly’. Then there’s another group that’s like ‘No, I really want him to stay in NXT’. And right now, the possibility of things to do, on any of the three brands, feels endless for me. It just feels exciting across the board. Being able to stay in NXT, even with the 403-day reign and being a Triple Crown winner and all that stuff. I’ve been with the brand for such a long time. I’ve seen it grow so much that it’s really fun to be a part of that process. I would love to win the NXT title again, and I would love the chance to someday maybe step in the ring with Samoa Joe. I want the chance to wrestle guys like Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott.” Adam Cole said when addressing talk of the main roster call up.

There’s no question that Adam Cole has the star power, and skillset to make an impact on Raw or Smackdown. However, he clearly has a lot of unfinished business on the black and gold brand. To accompany this is the counterargument that sees NXT as being a main roster calibre brand.

Are the days of NXT being a purely developmental territory behind them? With athletes like Adam Cole, Tomasso Ciampa and Finn Balor, an argument could easily be made for NXT being one of the superior brands in WWE right now.

Either way, Adam Cole is a wrestler who is happy where he is. He is in no rush to run chasing glory on a brand that seems less in tune with its stars.