PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James Has One Lingering Regret from Her Last WWE Run

Kemo
07-12-2021, 05:24 PM
There has been a lot of press about Mickie James since her latest release from WWE. From the somewhat insulting way in which her belongings were shipped to her, to the role she is playing in the all-female NWA event. However, in her latest interview with Wrestling Inc. Daily, the focus was on the one regret she carries with her from her most recent WWE run.

“In hindsight, I wish I’d shown up as ‘Hardcore Country’ Mickie James,” she reflected. “I think she would have made a lot of money.”

Going on to elaborate in more detail, Mickie explained how she chose to come back as her old-school WWE persona as she felt that resonated more with the crowds. However, looking back, she would do it differently, and continue with the Hardcore Country gimmick that brought her so much success in IMPACT.

“This is all speculation, but I think they would have more excitement, more stuff to do around that character,” James mused.

There is no denying that Mickie James is a legend of women’s wrestling and deserving of her place among the WWE greats. However, her return to the company certainly didn’t bring with it the run nor success that she deserved.

As is becoming a familiar theme with wrestlers released from WWE during the pandemic era, Mickie James is swiftly moving on to bigger and better things. There is no rebuilding. There is no need to start at the bottom. James is a talented wrestler and a veteran of the business. This is a powerrr-ful combination.

A lady in high demand, Mickie James shocked many when she signed for legendary promotion NWA, but the swift announcement of the all-female PPV she was leading the charge for, made everything clear. Regrets can be haunting things, and while James clearly carries one, she is not letting it define the path she is following.

Smartmark
07-12-2021, 08:07 PM
YES! No doubt! They lost the ball on Mickie at her last stay. It's typical WWE.