PDA

View Full Version : Big E Reveals WWE Creative Were Pushing for a New Day Betrayal

Kemo
07-13-2021, 05:15 PM
The New Day were a group that shook up the WWE Universe. Their growth and appeal had the organic surge that no amount of creative talent could scribe. They dominated the scene until they were separated in the last WWE Draft. Since then, Big E has been left to go it alone as a singles competitor. This is a role he has relished, and a challenge he has risen to. As of writing, he stands on the precipice of something great. The Money in the Bank ladder match and a near-guaranteed championship run.

Talking to TalkSport recently, Big E talked about the disbanding of the new day, eager to point out they had not broken up. They merely performed on different brands. He did however allude to conversations held with Vince McMahon himself and his desire to see the New Day disband in a manner more traditional with faction breakups.

“I know there were rumors for a while that certain things were pitched, but I think because we had been so adamant about not wanting to be broken up I think that’s where people were like ‘ehhh, I don’t know if we should because they really don’t want it.’ I can’t really divulge the conversation, but even from the top of the business, the very head of what we do – you know exactly who I’m talking about – he directly told us ‘hey, this is the idea’ and we said, we’re not feeling it,” Big E revealed. “This was post-KofiMania. There were people who wanted it earlier [than that] as well.”

A betrayal is a classic way for a group to disband. There have been times over the years where such a thing looked likely for the New Day. Whether it be jealousy at Kofi’s championship run, or when Bray Wyatt put his spell on Xavier Woods. However, Big E is glad they were able to convince the creative folk at WWE otherwise.

“I think we still have so much to offer as a group, and I just like telling stories in a different way. I get our business is a business of conflict, but I think the story of brotherhood and three guys who genuinely want the best for each other is different and unique.”

Big E is enjoying his singles push; however, the group have already shown that individual success doesn’t weaken their bond as a group. With the 2021 WWE draft drawing ever closer, could we be seeing the New Day reunited?