PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James: WWE Evolution PPV Was “Set Up To Fail”

Kemo
07-14-2021, 08:38 PM
Former WWE Superstar and NWA EMPOWERRR Producer Mickie James recently appeared on the The Wrestling Inc. Daily show. The former WWE Women’s Champion discussed a number of topics during the interview, including the WWE Evolution PPV event that she claims was ‘set up to fail.’

“I thought we had made such a monumental stride by announcing Evolution,” Mickie James would begin. “We all thought it was the start of something really, really cool.”

“It was only really promoted for a month. The matches weren’t even announced but a week or two before. There was zero promotion or marketing,” James continued, lamenting how WWE promoted the all-women’s PPV event.

“It was almost set up to fail,” Mickie James added. “If there was as much energy and focus put into it as perhaps some of the other events, and made and highlighted how monumental this actually is, perhaps that wouldn’t be true.”

Mickie James would also reveal that the upcoming NWA EMPOWERRR event will hopefully not be a one-off All-Women’s event for the National Wrestling Alliance.

“We hope it’s the first of many,” James says of EMPOWERRR, “I really want to make this something unique and special and a way to highlight the women in a different way you don’t necessarily see on modern television today. I think there’s a cool way to do that from a female perspective.”

Smartmark
07-15-2021, 12:50 PM
Mickie is right. WWE's poor excuse of a PPV was nothing to brag about. I can't even remember the matches on the PPV.

TKO
07-15-2021, 08:28 PM
WAS AN AWESOME PPV