PDA

View Full Version : Gable Steveson Wins Gold At Tokyo Olympics, Is WWE Career Next?

Kemo
08-06-2021, 04:02 PM
Earlier this year, Gable Steveson Tweeted out that he is going to be the “biggest star that WWE has ever had” after winning the NCAA wrestling title at 285lbs. This morning at the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Gable Steveson defeated Georgia’s Geno Petriashvili 9-8 to win the Olympic men’s freestyle 125kg gold medal.

Ariel Helwani Tweeted out the final moments of Steveson’s dramatic buzzer beating victory:

What a finish by Gable Steveson. He wins gold at the buzzer! Wow. His rise continues. He’ll be extremely sought after by MMA and pro wrestling orgs once he’s done with school.

— Ariel Helwani (@arielhelwani) August 6, 2021

I am going to be the biggest star @wwe has ever had.

— Gable Steveson (@GableSteveson) March 28, 2021

10 points in 2min.
8-0 victory over reigning champ.
Gold medal match next.
Legends falling ….
Legends being made….@GableSteveson = MACHINE!!#TeamUSA #TokyoOlympics

— Triple H (@TripleH) August 5, 2021

Following his victory in the NCAA Heavyweight division earlier this year, Steveson sent a hand-waving emoji to Vince McMahon.

Steveson also attended the University of Minnesota and trained with alumni Brock Lesnar.

“My relationship with Brock has been awesome,” Steveson said to Gopher Sports. “It’s outstanding that a guy like that has noticed me and has gone out of his way to be there for me and guide me in the right direction. We all know who Brock is on TV, but behind everything else, he is a nice person and he has done some amazing things for me.”

In the same interview, he would talk about WWE being a life-long dream.

“This is a dream I’ve had since I was a kid. Everybody grew up watching WWE when they were young, I know I watched it. It’s just been a lifelong dream of mine.”

Steveson’s brother Bobby has already started training at the WWE Performance Center.