PDA

View Full Version : Bronson Reed & Bobby Fish Among 13 WWE NXT Talent Releases

TKO
08-07-2021, 02:37 AM
WWE has made more talent cuts and this time it hit the NXT brand hard.

On Friday, Fightful and PWInsider reported the following names that were released by the company:

Bronson Reed
Bobby Fish
Mercedes Martinez
Leon Ruff
Tyler Rust
Jake Atlas
Ari Sterling
Kona Reeves
Zechariah Smith
Asher Hale
Giant Zanjeer
Stephon Smith
Desmond Troy

This is the latest round of cuts. Because these are NXT stars, they will have 30-day non-compete clauses instead of the 90-day non-compete clauses that main roster talent are under.

Several of these newer wrestlers such as Hale had just moved to Florida to start training at the WWE Performance Center:

This man is my boss, and that is equally wild and amazing! What a life I get to live! @WWENXT

— Asher Hale (FKA Anthony Henry) (@AsherhaleWWE) August 4, 2021

Reed is the biggest name from these cuts as he signed with WWE in 2019 and won the North American title earlier this year where he held it for a month.

Reed reacted to the news by writing on Twitter, “Just got released by WWE. This monster is back on the loose … you don’t know WHAT you’ve just done.” He tagged AEW, Ring of Honor, Impact and New Japan in the tweet.

Fish, a former NXT Tag Team Champion, found success with the Undisputed Era faction that included Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly and Roderick Strong. The group broke up earlier this year. In fact, Fish just lost a match to Strong on Tuesday’s NXT that was taped two weeks ago.

In April, WWE cut Samoa Joe, Iiconics, Mickie James, Chelsea Green and others while in June, both main roster and NXT/205 Live talents were let go included Braun Strowman, Aleister Black, Ruby Riott, Fandango, Lana, Tyler Breeze, Tony Nese and others.

Last Saturday, Bray Wyatt was released and Ric Flair got out of his contract earlier this week.

LionDen
08-07-2021, 02:42 AM
WWE don't muck around when they release people.

TKO
08-07-2021, 02:44 AM
Just started I think.

Fish/Reed/Martinez is shocking.