PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe On How Vince McMahon Sees NXT

Kemo
08-25-2021, 09:06 PM
The new NXT champion Samoa Joe was recently interviewed by French YouTuber Hal. He talked about things such as his firing from WWE, a potential return to Raw or SmackDown, and more.

Recent reports about upcoming NXT revamps have been a major topic of discussion among wrestling fans. People have been concerned about Vince McMahon‘s apparent directions to change the hiring philosophy for the brand.

Joe was asked what the boss thinks about the brand during the talk. Replying to it, he claimed that Mr McMahon perceives NXT as the future of the company:

“I think he perceives it as the future of his company. I think that he’s heavily invested in it. It’s funny, you know, I read all this stuff that I hear from people…

At the same time, he’s probably the biggest proponent of its existence, and much of what has happened in it thus far.”

Samoa Joe also commented on his own return to the brand after getting released from the company. He explained why he took backstage responsibilities in NXT saying that he is excited about introducing new stars to the world:

“NXT – it’s the future of WWE, and it’s a big reason why I’m excited to be kind of associated with it. Because I get to delve into the future.

I get to work on new things and new projects and introduce new stars in the world. And that’s something that, at this point in my career, I’m very, very excited to.”

Apart from this, the NXT champion was asked about the forbidden door and the possibility of making an appearance for Impact Wrestling in the future. You can check out his full interview below:

YQaSP76U9FA