PDA

View Full Version : John Cena: The Rock Doesn’t Need To Be Pressured Into WWE Return

Kemo
08-26-2021, 04:48 PM
John Cena doesn’t believe The Rock owes anyone a return to WWE.

It’s no secret that The Rock has become Hollywood’s biggest star. During his time with WWE, “The People’s Champion” gained immense popularity but few could’ve expected him to explode on the scene the way that he has. It got to the point where some weren’t convinced that he’d ever make a return to WWE.

The Rock ended up returning in 2011 and he served as the WrestleMania 27 host. He ended up facing John Cena at WrestleMania 28 and 29. Along the way, The Rock even captured the WWE Title from CM Punk.

During an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Cena explained why he won’t be calling his old foe to ask him about returning to WWE.

“He’s earned the right not to be pressured into that choice. I can say he is a fan of the WWE. He is the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. So as a fan do, I want to see one of the greatest performers of all time step back in the WWE ring? Yeah. But in no way am I gonna call him and if I’m gonna talk to him about something, it’s not gonna try to be to get him back in the WWE ring. He needs to come to that conclusion by himself.

“Because then, his performance will be, The Rock, he’ll be the best he can be. So I do hope he comes back, as a fan, and I hope it’s wonderful, and if he chooses not to, he’s earned the right to choose not to.”

Many believe that WWE’s hope is to be able to get The Rock for a WrestleMania showdown with “The Tribal Chief” Roman Reigns. The holdup is whether or not The Rock’s schedule can align with WWE’s.