PDA

View Full Version : Gangrel On How Edge’s SummerSlam Entrance Cost Him AEW Appearance

Kemo
08-27-2021, 07:09 PM
Edge using the brood entrance and theme music during the SummerSlam PPV created a lot of buzz. Though it appears that it also cost Gangrel an AEW appearance.

On the latest episode of his Fangin’ N’ Bangin’ podcast, the former WWE star revealed that there were plans for him to make an appearance on AEW Dynamite doing the same entrance. However, these plans had to be nixed after SummerSlam:

“I was supposed to be on a plane to Milwaukee, yesterday, I get a return phone call saying ‘oh man, we’re so sorry, we’re going in a different direction because WWE media stuff.’

The former WCW star then recalled how Edge called him to say that he was honored to pay the tribute after SummerSlam. However, when Gangrel told him about the AEW appearance, the Rated R Superstar felt sorry:

“He got so quiet for what felt like an eternity. I was like ‘hey, you still there?’ He goes ‘man, I’m so sorry. If you had told me.’ I go ‘I didn’t know, I just got booked.’

He was like ‘I’m so, sorry.’ It felt like he was gonna cry. I was like ‘it’s okay man. It’s good. I work every weekend, I’m doing things.’ He felt so bad. He sent me pictures of his daughter with the jacket.”

Gangrel also revealed that Edge had been planning the brood entrance and the Seth Rollins bloodbath segment from last Friday’s SmackDown for over two months.