PDA

View Full Version : Riddle Comments On Potential Matches With Brock Lesnar & Goldberg

Kemo
09-01-2021, 06:43 PM
Matt Riddle has long wanted a match against Brock Lesnar. When the two met backstage at the Royal Rumble in 2020, however, it is believed that Lesnar told Riddle that a match between the two was not going to happen. According to comments Riddle made recently to BT Sport, however, he believes if he can keep raising his stock in WWE, the match will eventually make sense for all parties.

“When we had our little back and forth backstage at the Royal Rumble – I think about two years ago at this point now – he did not like me,” Riddle said about Lesnar. “Ever since I was a kid, people either hated me or loved me and I think I just rubbed them the wrong way just like I rubbed Bill [Goldberg] the wrong way.”

Every time I do an interview I watch you all scramble to either to tell me how much you hate me or how much you love me and I just love how easy it is to get you all worked up. Also don’t get worked into a shoot especially with a former UFC fighter bro

— matthew riddle (@SuperKingofBros) August 28, 2021

Riddle feels like at the time he spoke with Lesnar at the Royal Rumble, he wasn’t seen as valuable enough to Brock. He says that both Lesnar and Goldberg have seen him rise up the ranks in WWE recently, however.

“I made it a point to make myself valuable and I felt like at that point when I talked to Brock, I wasn’t valuable enough to him. Same thing to Goldberg when I was talking some trash. But now, they’re starting to see my stock rise.”

Riddle and Goldberg are said to have met backstage this summer in WWE. Things were much more respectful between the two and Goldberg even congratulated Riddle on his success on the main roster.

“I think as long as I keep working, I keep upping my value and upping my stock, eventually, it’s gonna be the right choice for them,” Riddle concluded.