PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Responds To Criticism Over Heel Turn

Kemo
09-11-2021, 05:25 PM
Becky Lynch is aware of all the hoopla surrounding her heel turn.

Lynch returned at WWE SummerSlam back in August. Bianca Belair was set to defend the WWE SmackDown Women’s Championship against Sasha Banks at the PPV. When Banks couldn’t compete, Carmella stepped up to take the challenge. She ended up getting tossed out of the ring by Lynch, who challenged Belair.

Lynch got the match but it didn’t last long. She nailed Belair with a cheap shot following by a pumphandle slam for the win in under 30 seconds.

This marked Lynch’s heel turn, much to the chagrin of many fans. Lynch responded to critics during an interview with the NY Daily News.

“I’ve just come back and now I feel like suddenly there’s this conversation that I’m not doing things the right way, but I don’t know what anybody expects me to do. Do you want me to come back and toy with Bianca and give her more of a chance to look like she’s got an opportunity? Or would I come back, knowing that I haven’t done this in a while, and be smart about it and blindside her?"

She continued, “I just did what an intelligent person would do. If you haven’t been wrestling in a long time, then you’ve been strategizing. You’ve been strategizing because you haven’t been in the ring with this person, so then you are going to do something different. You are going to catch them off guard.”

Lynch questioned why she is suddenly considered the ‘bad guy’ because she came back better than ever. She doesn’t consider herself a heel. She simply believes she got smarter.

Becky Lynch is one of WWE’s most popular stars. She solidified herself as “The Man.” Despite turning heel, Lynch has been getting cheered at the shows she attends. Lynch had taken time off as she was pregnant. She was reportedly set to return in October but that got bumped up.