PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman Discusses Becky Lynch’s Heel Turn

Kemo
09-11-2021, 05:26 PM
Paul Heyman has thrown in his two cents on the heel turn of Becky Lynch.

Lynch made her return to WWE after being away due to her pregnancy. She appeared at the SummerSlam PPV, challenging Bianca Belair for the SmackDown Women’s Championship. Lynch landed a cheap shot to Belair once she accepted the challenge and hit the pumphandle slam for the pin in under 30 seconds.

Heyman spoke to the New York Post and said that fans don’t have to settle on thinking she’s just a face or a heel.

“I’m not a big believer in the positioning of people as protagonists and antagonists, I think these personalities have multiple sides to them,” Heyman continued. “Events in life will change your perspective, demeanor and the way you address people. So, if there is a more coarse side of Becky’s personality that is now coming to the forefront and you’re a fan of Becky then embrace it and accept it.

“And if you just judge someone by their immediate actions and their short-term perspective then I guess you now have a villain for whom you can root against.”

Lynch has been refusing to give Belair a rematch but now she has no choice. At Extreme Rules on Sept. 26, Lynch will put her gold on the line against Belair.

As for Heyman, he finds himself in a tricky situation. Brock Lesnar made an unexpected return at SummerSlam, confronting Roman Reigns. For years, Heyman has served as Lesnar’s advocate. When Brock was away, Heyman aligned himself with Reigns.