PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Continues To Criticize WWE Creative

Kemo
09-11-2021, 05:31 PM
Mick Foley garnered headlines recently after posting a video to social media critical of how WWE handles its talent from a creative perspective. Foley has since expanded on those thoughts during appearances on Sean Waltman’s Pro Wrestling 4 Life podcast and Busted Open Radio.

“I think it’s something WWE needed to hear,” Foley said of his video on Busted Open Radio. “I used Karrion Kross as an example of somebody whose main roster debut was about 1/8th as electrifying as his NXT debut, that’s an issue. Then when you go from watering down a character to embarrassing it, I think that sends a bad signal to everyone who is in developmental and everyone who has a choice to make, a real choice to make.”

Foley’s son, Dewey Foley, works in creative for WWE. As of 2020, Dewey was working on creative for 205 Live.

“If I’m Adam Cole and I’m looking at what just happened with a few of the guys who made their debuts, I would seriously have to consider whether WWE was the place where my dreams will come true,” Foley continued. “When you put all these things together and you see that people are departing for what they now see are greener pastures, that’s a problem for WWE.”

Foley’s comments on Busted Open Radio can be heard in the below Tweet:

Foley was also on Sean Waltman’s podcast recently and spoke about his issues with WWE creative.

“I love the company. I really do, and I think they need to hear that. If I texted Vince that’s one thing, and that might be effective, but I think it needs to get out there. If it embarrasses them, I think that’s ok,” Foley said on the show.