PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Yang Says He’s Spoken With the Department of Labor, Asks WWE Talent To Come Forward

Kemo
09-17-2021, 02:24 PM
Politician Andrew Yang says he has spoken with the Department of Labor regarding WWE classifying talent as independent contractors. He is asking former and current WWE wrestlers to contact Union side labor attorney Lucas Middlebrook if they feel they have been or were misclassified while a member of the WWE roster.

“Had a call with the Department of Labor. If you are a current or former WWE performer who feels you were misclassified as an independent contractor contact @lkmiddleb and let’s get you what Vince owes you. Been a long time coming but this storyline is real.”

Yang made several statements in the fall that if Joe Biden won the Presidential election, he would be in a position to challenge WWE’s claim that their wrestlers are independent contractors. He spoke with Chris Van Vliet last September about the issue.

“You should know Chris, this is not like ‘I’m going to talk about this and forget about it’. This bothers me and I’m not going to rest until something changes,” Yang said about WWE’s independent contractor policy.

“It infuriated me because I know that the WWE has been trying to play it both ways for years where they are saying on one hand you can’t do anything without our say so, we own you, but you are an independent contractor and we have nothing to do with your health, retirement, any of the benefits that you would get that would accrue to an employee.”