PDA

View Full Version : Bianca Belair Comments on Losing the SmackDown Women’s Title

Kemo
09-17-2021, 02:35 PM
WWE superstar Bianca Belair has shared her thoughts on losing the Smackdown Women’s Championship to Becky Lynch.

Belair spoke with Tennessee sports radio station WNML’s Vince Ferrara to promote Friday Night Smackdown in Knoxville, Tennessee. In the interview, Belair shared how she got into the WWE and her journey to becoming the Smackdown Women’s Champion.

Ferrara also asked Belair what WWE fans should expect when she faces Lynch at Extreme Rules on September 26th. She responded by saying that she still feels hurt losing the championship but is looking forward to the rematch.

” …I’m still very hurt by how I did lose the title at Summerslam. I was excited to get in the ring with Becky. I wasn’t expecting this title match, and it happened so quickly. So right now, I’m just trying to regain what I lost as quickly a possible,” said Belair.

Lynch defeated Belair for the Smackdown Women’s Championship at Summerslam on August 22nd at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas, Nevada. The title match received criticism from WWE fans and ex WWE superstars like Nikki Bella.

During a post-Summerslam event, Bella voiced her frustration on Bianca’s championship loss. “…You have someone like Bianca, who is such an incredible talent, and you can’t help but get frustrated when you see moments like that of like, a championship that meant so much and was lost within seconds,” said Bella.

Since the loss, Belair has been trying to get a rematch with Lynch. She had to win a fatal four-way elimination match on the August 27th episode of Smackdown to challenge Lynch at Extreme Rules.

In the interview with Ferrara, she shared that she expects a different result when they have their rematch. “…Becky, she’s been ducking and dodging me. I finally got her to sign the contract last week for my rematch so that we can finally go toe to toe. I know that if we really go toe to toe, in a long match, the outcome is going to be different,” said Belair. She will look to become the Smackdown Women’s Champion for a second time at Extreme Rules.