PDA

View Full Version : Triple H Didn’t See Anything Special In Seth Rollins At First

Kemo
09-30-2021, 06:45 PM
Triple H wasn’t initially impressed by Seth Rollins.

Rollins is one of the biggest stars in WWE today. He is a multiple-time world champion under the WWE banner. Things weren’t all rosy for Rollins in the early going, however.

Speaking to WWE legend Stone Cold Steve Austin on Broken Skull Sessions, Rollins detailed the time Triple H scolded him for not following the WWE ideology.

“Hunter took me aside and was like, ‘Look, I don’t see anything special in you. If you don’t want to play ball and don’t want to work with us, you can go back to Ring of Honor and do things your way, but you need to start doing things our way.'”

Seth Rollins went on to say that he later told Triple H that he wanted to become the first-ever NXT Champion. Rollins got his wish but it may have been his final chance to prove himself.

“Three months later, I’m sitting in a room with Hunter and I’m saying, ‘I want that NXT Championship. I want to be the first one to hold that title. Put it on me and this brand is off and running. If you go in another direction with it, I don’t know where you’re going to be in a couple of years.’ I told him that, ‘I’m the right guy for this. You know that, I know that, let’s bury this hatchet and make this work.’ It was close, it was a lesson I had to learn the hard way. It was one more slip up from, ‘that’s it for you.'”

Today, Rollins views Triple H as a mentor. At one point, Rollins even used the Pedigree as his finisher. He credits “The Game” with his ability to grow and do things by the book. Along the way, Rollins has also been able to mix in his own style and hasn’t had trouble switching up his character over the years. It’s why he has remained a top star for so long.

Prior to entering the WWE Universe, Rollins competed as Tyler Black in ROH. He even captured the ROH World Title. Rollins appeared to be on his way to TNA Wrestling, but he decided to sign with WWE instead. The rest is history.

Smartmark
10-01-2021, 12:10 AM
Seth Rollins hasn't been special since his ROH days to be honest. I liked the gimmick he used to have when he was a heel in ROH, working with the likes of Jimmy Jacobs in Doin' It For Her.