PDA

View Full Version : The Bella Twins Won’t Be Returning To The Ring After All

Kemo
10-01-2021, 06:41 PM
The Bella Twins have been hoping to wrestle for WWE again. Unfortunately, it won’t be happening any time soon, if ever.

Nikki and Brie appeared on the Sippin’ The Tea podcast this week and provided an update on their futures as in-ring performers. The show is hosted by former WWE Superstar Ariane Andrew & Matt Dillon.

Nikki said she would love to make a comeback one day so her son Matteo can see her compete. However, it might be several years before that becomes a reality.

“I would love one day, like when Matteo’s maybe three, and he knows it, to have my son be ringside while his mom kicks ass. That would be amazing to me.”

“But because he is my everything, I have to listen to the doctors and as of now, they’ve put me on the retired bench for life. So, it would take a lot of scans, x-rays, and all this different stuff for them to actually approve me to have a run and so that would be unlikely — that will be years down the road.”

Nikki Bella underwent spinal fusion surgery in 2016.

Brie gave her thoughts on the situation. Pro wrestling was a huge part of their lives and they will always love the business. However, Brie feels she has moved beyond pro wrestling and is focusing on other ventures.

“For me, I just feel like I’m in such a different place in my life and a place I really love. We’re gonna be 38 in November and I’m like, you know too, for us to be winemakers and well, I can’t imagine taking a bump right now.”

The Bella Twins retired from active competition back in March 2019. They gave birth to baby boys just one day apart in August 2020.

Earlier this year, the Bellas said they wanted to make a run at the WWE Women’s tag titles. Those plans have now been put on hold indefinitely.