PDA

View Full Version : Booker T Reveals His Pick To Dethrone Roman Reigns

Kemo
10-08-2021, 02:48 PM
WWE legend Booker T has someone in mind to halt the momentum of Roman Reigns.

Many agree that since taking on the “Tribal Chief” persona, Reigns has been the hottest act in WWE. He has had a dominant run with the WWE Universal Championship. With that said, everyone has to lose at some point and many are wondering who will finally be able to dethrone the “Head of the Table.”

Reigns is set to put his gold on the line against Brock Lesnar at WWE Crown Jewel on Oct. 21. Taking to his Hall of Fame podcast, Booker T said that while it would be easy to have Lesnar defeat Reigns, it’s not the route he would take.

“For me, I’ve been talking about this for a minute now, to beat Roman Reigns you gotta really make that a moment. I always say with moments, you only get a chance to have it one time and it goes away pretty much as far as these kind of situations. Undertaker’s streak being broken, stuff like that. For me, you look at Brock Lesnar. Could he be the guy? Of course.

“But for me, I’m looking to make somebody. I’m looking to make somebody in big fashion, in a huge way. And there again, man I look at that kid WALTER and I say he’s a star. He’s what wrestling is today. He’s international, he can bring so many eyes to American professional wrestling from that side of the world. It’s not gonna be funny. I look at this thing almost like the UFC does with that Ciryl Gane and Francis Ngannou matchup coming up. There’s gonna be a lot of eyes on that thing, there’s gonna be a lot of money made. At the end of the day, if we’re not looking at it that way, we’re just gonna have another match and we’re gonna just flip the title, we’re gonna lose.”

WALTER had an incredible run with the NXT United Kingdom Championship. He held onto the title for 870 days. His reign finally came to an end when he was submitted by Ilja Dragunov at TakeOver 36 back in August.

WALTER remains on the NXT UK brand after not being drafted by Raw or SmackDown. WWE officials have reportedly been wanting to do something with him beyond the NXT brand. Time will tell when WALTER will get the call to the main roster.