PDA

View Full Version : Update on “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan’s Prostate Cancer Battle

Kemo
11-11-2021, 09:09 PM
WWE Hall of Famer “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan has been diagnosed with prostate cancer. He also underwent emergency surgery in October. More recently, he gave an update to his fans through a video on social media.

Duggan underwent emergency surgery on October 20th. His wife Debra revealed the news on Facebook. “Back where we don’t want to be,” she wrote. “Please pray for Jim and his doctors as he has emergency surgery this morning. Thank you, Debra— feeling emotional.”

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan was in good spirits after undergoing emergency surgery in October 2021. His official Twitter account posted an update on his condition after the procedure. “Out of surgery and back in his room. Everything went well.”

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame as part of the class of 2011. He also won the original Royal Rumble match in Hamilton in 1988. Duggan also won both the United States Championship and the TV title in WCW.

Duggan has twice been given awards by the readers of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter. He was awarded the Most Improved Wrestler in 1982. His feud with Ted Dibiase in 1985 was then awarded the Feud of the Year by the same publication. In 2018, he was inducted into the Pro Wrestling Hall of Fame in Wichita Falls, Texas.

In a video he posted to Twitter recently, Duggan thanked everyone for their well wishes. He also noted that he will have to cancel his bookings for the remainder of the year but is looking forward to returning to the road in 2022.

“Hi everybody. I’d just like to give everybody a quick update after my back-to-back surgeries. Obviously I’m home. Doing well. Feel much, much better. And I also want to say thank you to everyone for the thoughts, the prayers, the good wishes,” Duggan says in the video.

“It’s humbling to have so many people all over the world care, and I tell you, it means a lot. From the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you so much to so many folks for checking in on me.”

“Also, I’d like to say I’m sorry and I hope you all understand I’m going to have to cancel the rest of the shows for this year, but we’re looking forward to traveling the world next year, God willing. And so, hopefully we’ll see you down the road.”

“Again, thank you very much for all the good wishes and prayers. God bless and hopefully see you soon.”