PDA

View Full Version : Edage Can Still Wrestle Because of Cryotherapy & Ice Baths

Kemo
11-17-2021, 03:58 PM
Edge undergoes a rigorous self-care routine in order to remain an active in-ring competitor at 48 years old.

The Rated R Superstar and his wife Beth Phoenix appeared on Tuesday’s edition of Busted Open Radio on Sirius XM. The Hall of Fame couple spoke with hosts Dave LaGreca and Bully Ray about a wide variety of topics.

Phoenix discussed NXT 2.0, her new music career, and the heated rivalry between Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch.

Edge talked about the second chapter of his in-ring career. The Rated R Superstar was forced into retirement in 2011 due to a neck injury. He made a surprise return in 2020. He’s learned some important lessons along the way.

“You know, what I think I’ve learned is that the self-care and recuperation just takes longer,” said Edge. “So before, when you can do it every night, that’s not the case anymore.”

“Now, you know, after a match and I’m like, ‘Okay, I feel great. Maybe I could do one more the next day,’ but that’s pretty rare. It’s usually a good two-to-three weeks until I’m like, ‘Okay, all right. I think everything’s knocked out of my system.’”

Edge explained that he has to undergo an extensive routine of recovery exercises to remain an active competitor. Cryotherapy, ice baths and yoga are just a few things he does to keep his body feeling good.

“The cryotherapy I did, the sauna, I did cold plunges, I stretched, I did yoga, I did massage, all of those things that I never did before. Now they’re a necessity.”