PDA

View Full Version : Tommaso Ciampa Discusses Not Fitting WWE’s Vision For NXT 2.0

Kemo
11-17-2021, 04:00 PM
WWE President Nick Khan recently spoke about the guiding philosophy behind the rebrand of WWE NXT 2.0. Specifically, WWE’s plan to focus on younger and larger athletes.

Unfortunately, this does not bode well for the longterm futures of NXT veterans like Tommaso Ciampa, Johnny Gargano, Kyle O’Reilly and others.

Chiampa won the vacant NXT Championship on premiere episode of NXT 2.0. During a recent interview with RN Pro Wrestling, he said he’s well aware of NXT 2.0’s new direction – and what it means for guys like him.

Ciampa told RN Pro Wrestling, “Everybody had a vision of what this 2.0 was and I don’t think I fit that vision. I did not fit that mold.”

“I’m a little older, I look the way I look, whatever you want to say and to be able to go out there on night one and win the NXT title and have my redemption story. And then to continue on with it, of course we’re humans, we read stuff, we see stuff, transitional champion and all that crap.”

Ciampa says he’s the best thing that the brand has to offer right now. He knows what the title represents and accepts the responsibility that comes with that.

He thinks it’s cool to be in this spot and be able to prove the doubters wrong and prove the people who support him right.