PDA

View Full Version : Big E Wants To Open The Forbidden Door Between AEW & WWE

Kemo
11-18-2021, 09:38 PM
Big E would love to see wrestlers from AEW and WWE walk through the “Forbidden Door” and appear on each other’s programming.

The reigning WWE Champion discussed the ‘dream scenario’ during an appearance on Barstool’s My Mom’s Basement podcast with Robbie Fox.

“I have friends over there,” Big E said of AEW. “I have people who I think are incredibly talented, might not be friends, but I’m a fan of so much that is going on over there.”

Big E addressed the tribalism that exists between WWE and AEW fans. He’s not a fan of loving one and hating the other, but he’s glad people are engaged.

“I know fans love the sniping and love the back and forth, I think it’s often entertaining too. It’s not really my cup of tea because there are so many people I root for over there and I think competition is great for everyone, all around. I’m glad fans are engaged. It’s not my thing, but do you. People love pot-stirring and it’s interesting.”

“I don’t know if it’s ever feasible, but is that forbidden door going to be open here, between us and them? Imagine that. That would be incredible.”

For now, we’ll have to settle for Raw vs. SmackDown. WWE Champion Big E battles Universal Champion Roman Reigns this Sunday at WWE Survivor Series.

The prospect of WWE and AEW working together seems far fetched, but that hasn’t stopped the industry’s most influential power players from talking about it.

When Triple H was asked about WWE possibly participating in a talent-sharing arrangement with other organizations, he said that WWE is “open for business.”

“Are we open to the right business opportunities? Yeah, at any given time we’re open to things. It just depends on what they are and if they’re beneficial to us in the long-term,” Triple H said.

“Open for business, I think Vince says that a lot and I’ve been around him long enough that if it’s the right thing and meaningful to business, he’s open to anything.”

Becky Lynch revealed this week that she watches AEW and is happy that wrestling fans have an alternative product to watch.

“Competition is great,” she told Ariel Helwani on the MMA Hour podcast. “It’s great for the creative because I think it drives everybody. I think Vince McMahon works incredibly well when he’s pushed by competition. I think for the stars it gives options.”

She likened the WWE or AEW choice to food preferences. If you don’t like vanilla ice ream, you can have chocolate. If you don’t like strawberries, you can have butterscotch.

“There’s options for fans, for wrestlers, and yeah it’s great.”