PDA

View Full Version : Randy Orton To Hit Big Career Milestone At Survivor Series

Kemo
11-20-2021, 10:36 PM
Randy Orton will make history this weekend at Survivor Series. When Orton and Riddle step into the ring to battle The Usos, Orton will set the record for the most pay-per-view matches wrestled in WWE history.

Coincidentally, Orton is on the cusp of another big career milestone. He’s also one match away from setting the record for most matches wrestled on WWE Raw.

The Viper addressed these achievements on social media.

“I’ve never been one to keep records or stats throughout my career. Early on, it was laughable to consider in my profession you had ‘wins’ and ‘losses’. You certainly wouldn’t talk about it, with the boys much less fans. But I’m fortunate to have some fans (and friends) that have done just that, kept my stats. Not just wins and losses, but damn near everything you could think of!

It came to my attention that tomorrow at Survivor Series I’ll set a new record for most PPV matches by anyone in WWE history. The following night on RAW coincidentally, if I have a match, I’ll have had more matches on RAW thea anyone in history.

I saw this online, checked it, and it is true… kind of hard to believe, as it feels like I only started down in OVW yesterday.

I just wanna take a minute in light of these ‘stats’, and let everyone out there that’s ever supported me in any way know that I am thankful. I also know with all of my heart that I couldn’t have done it without you. Now on to my 15th Survivor Series…man time flies don’t it?”

Statistics like this can be difficult to track, but that hasn’t stopped various websites from attempting it. According to ProFightDB.com, Orton and Kane each have had 176 matches on PPV.

Cagematch.net has Orton’s PPV tally at 175, however. ProFightDB.com also has Orton listed as having wrestled 431 times on RAW and Kane 436.

There are several other databases that keep track of such statistics, and all of them differ from each other to some degree.

It’s unclear which database Orton used to check the statistics, but regardless, he will eventually become the wrestler with the most matches on both WWE PPV and RAW.