PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James On WWE Rejecting Pitch For Storyline With Chelsea Green

Kemo
01-03-2022, 08:36 PM
Mickie James has spoken previously about wanting to have worked an angle with Chelsea Green that mirrored the one she had with Trish Stratus leading up to WrestleMania 22. She recently spoke to Metro UK about what she felt when WWE decided not to go forward with the idea.

“Within the pitch of Chelsea Green on the way out, it would’ve been a perfect, magical re-circling way to build Chelsea and elevate her and make her a star as I was transitioning to find my foot into this other [backstage] role,” James said.

“For me, I felt like it was the perfect set of business but didn’t seem to hit on that level, and whatever. I don’t wanna say, “I get it” because I don’t get it.”

Green would have portrayed the stalker role similar to what James did in 2005/06 while James would have been in the Trish Stratus role.

“I know that that story would have been money and I know that would have ended up probably rivaling Trish and I’s angle, because it was going to mimmick and mirror it, but in a different capacity so well,” James continued.

Leading up to WrestleMania 22, James’ character was portrayed as something of a stalker for Trish Stratus. James won the WWE Women’s Championship from Stratus on the show, just months after making her debut with the company.

Both Chelsea Green and Mickie James were released earlier this year on April 15th, 2021. Green and James are both now with the NWA and Impact Wrestling.

HHPsyCGPjLM

Smartmark
01-03-2022, 08:58 PM
I've been saying this for a while, but I think Chelsea is the one to take the Impact Knockouts Championship from Mickie. WWE really lost their opportunity on this one.