PDA

View Full Version : WWE Looking To Add A Ranking System?

Kemo
04-24-2022, 10:49 PM
:wwe5:

In an effort to see what their fans want to see out of the product, WWE recently sent out a survey to a select group of people on a number of different topics.

One of the questions on the list was whether or not fans want to see an official ranking system developed by the company. Given the multitude of titles in the promotion, this could require several different rankings to be updated on a weekly basis.

If the company did move forward with the idea, it wouldn’t be the first time WWE has had a ranking system. Around five years ago, WWE had a “Power 25” ranking system of sorts, though it wasn’t focused on each title picture. That formula was subjective, with their power rankings having to do with impact made on television.

In contrast, AEW has always had a ranking system which is based on the win-loss records of talent. WWE doing something in the same way would help clear up any confusion on the title picture and who would be in line for a championship opportunity in the future. It also can potentially give more stakes to weekly television matches.

According to PWInsider, other topics on the survey included how often respondents watch weekly television, which WWE programming they want, how often individuals attend live events.

Further, WWE asked about interest in NFTs and whether or not they are interested in “real behind-the-scenes workings at WWE.”

WWE has been ramping up their surveys of late. Another recently went out asking fans about their interest in several matches for the upcoming WrestleMania Backlash premium live event card. A survey in March asked questions about other wrestling promotions, including AEW, Impact, and NJPW.

Smartmark
04-24-2022, 11:14 PM
Just to copy AEW? It's a bad idea to be honest.

Only time the point system ever worked imo, was in EVOLVE.

LionDen
04-25-2022, 08:38 AM

I think it a good idea though. May help younger talent to go up.

Kemo
04-25-2022, 05:45 PM

I think it would be a copy from Evolve and not AEW.

Smartmark
04-25-2022, 10:35 PM
I think it would be a copy from Evolve and not AEW.

EVOLVE was a promotion based on points. I don't see it working in WWE to be honest. But I might be wrong offcourse.

I just think it would be strange to add points now. What about those wrestlers who's been there for years? Orton would easily have more points than for example Reigns.

Kemo
04-26-2022, 12:46 AM
EVOLVE was a promotion based on points. I don't see it working in WWE to be honest. But I might be wrong offcourse.

I just think it would be strange to add points now. What about those wrestlers who's been there for years? Orton would easily have more points than for example Reigns.

Yeah. It doesn't make sense. Then again, everything in wrestling these days doesn't make much sense. I think it's a terrible idea for WWE.

It could have worked in AEW if Tony Khan knew what the fuck he was doing.