PDA

View Full Version : Roman Reigns Taking Time Off From WWE Next Month

Kemo
05-10-2022, 07:44 PM
Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns is not being advertised for any appearances on TV or at live events past June.

PW Insider reports that the latest event Reigns is being advertised for is the June 24, 2022 edition of WWE SmackDown, which will take place at the Moody Center in Austin, Texas.

After June, Reigns is being advertised for Premium Live Events including Money in the Bank on July 2, Summerslam on July 30, and Clash in the Castle on September 3.

The “Tribal Chief” will return for two WWE Live events October 1-2, in Saskatchewan, and Survivor Series on November 26.

On Wrestling Observer Radio, Bryan Alverez asked, “so basically he’ll be gone for 10 weeks?” Dave Meltzer responded, “yes.”

Meltzer added that while Reigns is advertised for the Premium Live Events, there is no guarantee he will appear.

This news comes after the announcement that Reigns has signed a new deal with WWE, one that will see him wrestle far fewer dates.

At a WWE Live event last week in Trenton, New Jersey, the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion said he is entering a “new phase” of his career and life.

Reigns has wrestled four times on TV in 2022 (Royal Rumble, Elimination Chamber, WrestleMania 38, and WrestleMania Backlash) and has a 3-1 record this year.

His only loss came via disqualification at the Royal Rumble when Reigns got himself DQ’d to retain his Universal Championship against Seth Rollins.

TKO
05-11-2022, 12:04 AM
Hopefully it means he needs the title but won’t be surprised if they keep him

Smartmark
05-11-2022, 12:27 AM
This is certainly a unexpected turn of events. After Roman winning at WM, I was pretty sure The Rock was the " guy " to dethrone him. Because let's face it, if someone is " The Tribal Chief " it gotta be The Rock.

But now, I'm scared, because I can easily see Cody being " the man " and that would not only make no sense, but Cody aint no better champion than Reigns imo.

TKO
05-11-2022, 01:51 AM
^cody cash in

Smartmark
05-11-2022, 02:17 AM
^cody cash in

That would be horrible.