PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cormier Had Talks With WWE About Working With NXT Stars

Kemo
07-19-2022, 05:33 PM
Former UFC Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier has been linked to pro wrestling despite never stepping foot inside of the squared circle for a match.

He was supposed to fight Brock Lesnar and even had a tryout as a commentator for WWE. He’s also good friends with Triple H and Stephanie McMahon. Since retiring from MMA competition, he has transitioned into the UFC commentary booth.

During a Twitter Spaces with Monster Energy, Cormier was asked about potentially working with WWE, and he noted that he had talked with the company a few times about working with NXT Tag Team Champions The Creed Brothers (Julius & Brutus Creed).

“I actually talk to them quite a bit. I’m friends with a lot of people that are in that company. I speak to Triple H. I’ve got some friends that are competing. My brothers, not my actual brother, one of my friends, Jacob Kasper [Julius Creed], he’s part of the Creed Brothers. They are in the WWE and the NXT Champions. They are the smaller league champions. I’ve been asked a couple of times to do stuff with them for the promotion, but I haven’t been able to make it work. It’s something I want to do,” he said.

The Creed Brothers have been the champions since NXT In Your House 2022. Cormier trained with Julius, a two-time NCAA All-American at Duke, ahead of his UFC 214 fight against Jon Jones.