PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Confirms His Ankle is Broken, Won’t Need Surgery

Kemo
12-31-2022, 08:14 PM
AJ Styles will be on the shelf for several months due to an injury he sustained at Thursday night’s Holiday Tour live event from Hershey, PA.

The Phenomenal One teamed with Karl Anderson and Mia Yim against Finn Balor, Damian Priest, and Rhea Ripley of Judgment Day. The OC picked up the win, but the big story coming out of the match was Styles’ injury. As seen below, the incident occurred during an ugly-looking over-the-top-rope spot. Styles can be seen being attended to by staff and was helped to the back by the referee and Anderson.

On Saturday, Styles confirmed he’s dealing with a broken ankle.

In a brief statement on Twitter, he assured fans he will not require surgery. The downside is that he’ll miss significant ring time.

“Just want to you guys to know that I’m ok. Broken ankle is what I’m dealing with. No surgery, this just takes some time to recover. This will be the longest I’ve ever been out of the ring. Thanks for the prayers and get well wishes.”

There’s no good time to get hurt, but right before the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania season has to be the worst time of the year for something like this to happen.

AJ Styles shocked the world by signing with WWE and debuting at the 2016 Royal Rumble event, entering the Rumble match at #3.

Earlier this year, Styles spoke about his future, and said that he doesn’t have plans to wrestle anywhere other than WWE at this point in his career.

Styles has also expressed interest in working behind the scenes in WWE once his time in the ring is over but has said he is unsure if that is going to happen.

The Phenomenal One later specified that a role as a talent scout would be ideal for him.