PDA

View Full Version : Lita Wants Rhea Ripley to beat Charlotte Flair at WrestleMania

Kemo
03-20-2023, 08:08 PM
The story of Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair took an intense turn last week.

As Flair was prepared to issue a verbal statement to her WrestleMania opponent on Friday's edition of SmackDown, Ripley had other ideas. Before Flair could utter more than a few words, Ripley -- and her ally Dominik Mysterio -- appeared on the entrance stage before making their way to the ring. Despite Flair's extensive, and perhaps intimidating resume, Ripley vowed to dethrone "The Queen."

"You're gonna learn to call me champion, and you're gonna learn to fear me," Ripley said, before Dominik echoed similar sentiments. As Flair look unamused, Ripley struck her with a cheap shot, before the friction escalated to a full-out brawl between the two.

With less than two weeks to go until their big bout, WWE Hall of Famer Lita has revealed which side she's invested in. In a recent interview with Forbes, Lita revealed that other than her own match on the card, she's most excited to see Flair and Ripley's clash over the SmackDown Women’s Championship. In discussing the respective title match, Lita explained why she's cheering on "The Eradicator" Rhea Ripley.

“Charlotte’s natural role is to be a heel, right? Because it’s like that overconfident vibe. I almost wonder if Rhea is going to bring that out of Charlotte because you can only get shown up with confidence so much before Charlotte puts it back in your face."

"I know she is the heel in this match, but I’m rooting for [Rhea Ripley] because Charlotte has earned her shot, but she was also presented with a spot because of her lineage, and has just stepped up and continues to rise to the occasion. Whereas I do feel like Rhea created her spot, and she’s just getting started, but it has culminated in this high-profile match at WrestleMania.”

Though it's yet to be formally announced by WWE, it appears that Flair and Ripley will headline night one of WrestleMania 39, as teased in a parody trailer of "Stranger Things" released by the company last week.