PDA

View Full Version : Grayson Waller Plans to Rename the WWE United States Championship

Kemo
03-20-2023, 08:12 PM
Grayson Waller is yet to hold championship gold in WWE, but he already has big plans for when he wins the United States Title.

Waller has been a key name in NXT for over a year now and has tried multiple times to dethrone NXT Champion Bron Breakker.

All those efforts have been in vain, and more recently, Waller has taken his frustrations out on NXT Head Shawn Michaels.

Waller is one of several WWE Superstars to come from Australia and shares his home nation with the likes of Bronson Reed, Rhea Ripley, Emma, and Indi Hartwell.

The 32-year-old Superstar is immensely proud of his Aussie background, and would love to represent his country on the main roster.

While speaking to the Roasted podcast, Waller opened up about his plans for after he is called up.

“If there’s an opportunity to be on that show, it would be a dream itself. I rep my country, I rep Australia every time I wrestle. It’s on my gear. I do that for a reason. Just because I left Australia doesn’t mean I left that behind. My dream is to wrestle in Australia, whether that’s in Sydney at Acer Arena [Qudos Bank Arena] or MCG [Melbourne Cricket Ground], they’ve talked about a big stadium in Perth.”

WWE has been in talks with the state government of Western Australia over hosting a supershow event later this year.

If Waller succeeds, he won't be the first Superstar to put their own geographical spin on a championship.

In WCW, Lance Storm held the United States, Cruiserweight, and Hardcore Championships at the same time and gave them all Canadian makeovers.

The U.S., Cruiserweight, and Hardcore titles became the Canadian Championship, 100 kg and Under Championship, and Saskatchewan Hardcore International Title.

When Tommy Dreamer held the Hardcore Championship in WWE, he had his own New York-themed title, complete with an NYC license plate.

Years before he'd become the transplant New Yorker JBL, Bradshaw also had his own custom Hardcore title, which reflected his Texan heritage.