PDA

View Full Version : Austin Theory: John Cena Knows I Am The Most Important Thing in WWE

Kemo
03-22-2023, 06:03 AM
https://i.imgur.com/scRIys2.jpg

WWE United States Champion Austin Theory is ready to prove everybody wrong when he defeats John Cena at WrestleMania 39.

The much-anticipated match was made official earlier this month after being teased last summer.

WrestleMania 39 will mark Theory's third time competing at WWE's biggest annual event, and it will be the 16th for the 16-time WWE World Champion.

While Theory has been one of the most featured stars in WWE over the past year, the match with Cena will by far be the biggest of his career.

Speaking to Chris Van Vliet of Insight, Theory was confident going into the match and knows that he has the tools to defeat the G.O.A.T.

"Nobody's stopping me, and if John Cena thinks he is, he's out of his damn mind. After WrestleMania 39, I'm going to go to my show Monday Night Raw, and John Cena's going to go back to his little set. He'll put on his skirt, put on his heels [referencing a recent viral photo of Cena from the set of Ricky Stanicky] and go about his day.

"He wants everyone to believe that I don't have it. That I am screwed. But that is a man who says that because he knows when he looks in my eyes that I have everything. I do."

During the March 6, episode of Raw, Cena initially rejected Theory's offer for a title match but was later coaxed into the match.

When asked about Cena's apparent hesitation, Theory suggested that the legend wants this match more than John will admit.

"Why if it means nothing, does he even want to have this match? He wants to have this match because I'm the most important thing in the WWE. I am, and it's clear as day. And there's a lot of people who want to sit there and go like this and go 'no, I don't want to. I don't want to.' But they're going to have to go 'okay. Theory's the guy.'"

While Theory is the reigning U.S. Champion and a two-time holder of the gold, the Superstar is definitely walking into WrestleMania as the underdog.

After all, Cena's list of accolades is well-documented, and the Superstar-turned-Hollywood star deserves his own wing in the Hall of Fame.

Cena has said that nobody believes Theory can reach the heights he has predicted for himself, but that's common for the U.S. Champion.

"All those people that he says don't believe in me, I couldn't care less. Guess how many people believed in me when I was 8 and I told them I wanted to be a WWE Superstar? Guess how many people laughed at me, when I was 12, sitting at the table at school and I told them I wanted to be a WWE Superstar. I don't need people that believe in me. That's a proven fact that I don't, and I've always shown that."

Theory added that if he would have not reached the lofty heights he's at today (at the age of 25) had he believed those nay-sayers.

Theory is immensely confident going into his match with Cena, who isn't the only Superstar on the U.S. Champion's radar.

When asked who he plans on facing after Reigns, Theory made it clear he plans on becoming the Undisputed WWE Universal Champion.

"[I want to face] Roman Reigns. The Big Dog. The Tribal Chief. Whatever you want to call him. That's it. And y'know, maybe Cody Rhodes puts down the Tribal Chief. That's something that I'm very interested in because when I'm asked about that match, I'm a little caught up there. I don't know, something tells me that Cody might have it man."

While Theory has never faced Reigns one on one, the young Superstar did attempt to cash in his Money in the Bank contract on the Tribal Chief.

Theory attempted to cash in on Reigns at Summerslam, and his attempt to cash in at Clash at the Castle was prevented by a knockout blow by Tyson Fury.