PDA

View Full Version : Road Dogg Reveals Health Issues From Wrestling Career

Kemo
03-22-2023, 07:12 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Road Dogg is dealing with some health issues.

Pro wrestling takes a toll on both physical and mental health. For a veteran like Road Dogg who has been in the business for decades, it is not surprising that he has developed some health issues. His body has gone through wear and tear during his career and now those 'receipts' are due.

Road Dogg's active in-ring career spanned from 1991 until he wrestled his final match in 2015. Throughout his glorious career that spanned over two decades, Road Dogg created some iconic moments in the business. He was part of one of the most popular factions in pro wrestling history, D-Generation X.

The former WWE Intercontinental Champion worked alongside talents such as Triple H, Shawn Michaels, and Billy Gunn in the faction. While DX was just a short part of his career, his time in the faction and the New Age Outlaws tag team with Gunn remains to be the most memorable for the fans.

On a recent episode of the Oh…You Didn’t Know with Road Dogg Brian James and Casio Kid podcast, Road Dogg opened up about his current health status and the injuries he suffered during his in-ring career. He said:

“I do have really bad arthritis in my knees and ankles and feet and hands. I also wore shooter boots so I didn’t have protection in heels when I was taking bumps and my knees, from wiggle-wiggle knee. My left knee hit the ground at least once really hard every night …

My left knee now is horrible and my lower back is not as bad as a lot of guys so I knock on wood and thank God for that … I have lingering injuries that are, that are just there.”

Road Dogg currently works in the backstage role in WWE as their Senior Vice President of Live Events. He also made an on-screen return during RAW's 30th Anniversary show.