PDA

View Full Version : Stone Cold Steve Austin Explains How WrestleMania 38 Match With Kevin Owens Came Together

Kemo
03-22-2023, 07:13 PM
Stone Cold Steve Austin's in-ring return at WrestleMania 38 is the best example of the never-nay-never nature of the wrestling business. The Texas Rattle Snake faced Kevin Owens in the match and the bout managed to live up to the expectations.

The WWE Hall of Famer recently appeared on Out of Character podcast where he talked about a number of things. Explaining how the bout with KO came together, Austin mentioned that he turned WWE down several times:

"I turned them down several times until they kept coming back with different creative. K.O. was always in the conversation. I was down with that because I love that guy. He's awesome."

Stone Cold Steve Austin revealed that he underwent 'zero in-ring training' for his match. According to him, he was doing cardio and watching different workout routines on Sheamus' Celtic Warrior Workout video series. He only got in the ring three or four days before WrestleMania and had some ring rust going into the match:

"On the inside, I was knocking his head off so many times because I didn't throw a punch in 19 years. I told him when we got finished, I said, 'Dude, I cannot believe you didn't give me a receipt out there.' That's the good-natured heart of K.O.

He was thrilled to be out there and I was thrilled to be with him. It took some talking, we got everything lined up. You saw what happened.”

The WWE Legend also talked about things such as never getting the chance to face John Cena. He maintained a never say never attitude when asked if the match with Owens was his last.

You can check out Stone Cold Steve Austin's full interview below:

CLOSkuBV0OQ