PDA

View Full Version : Update on Randy Orton’s WWE Status Heading Into WWE WrestleMania Weekend

Kemo
03-23-2023, 06:57 AM
Randy Orton could be inching closer to making a return to WWE television after being sidelined for nearly a year.

The former WWE Champion has been out of action since late May when he and Matt Riddle dropped the Raw Tag Team Championships to The Usos, who were the SmackDown Tag Team Champions and now Unified Champions. WWE wrote him off television in an attack angle.

The idea was for Orton to return, turn heel by attacking Riddle, and then feud going forward. That didn’t happen as Orton had such a bad back that he needed back fusion surgery, something he got done in November.

PWInsiderElite.com reports Orton is slated to be in Los Angeles for WrestleMania 39 weekend. As of this writing, it’s unclear whether he will be appearing at the show or the post-Mania episode of Monday Night Raw.

A few weeks ago, there had been some internal discussion for Orton lately within the company. In February, Wrestling bootmaker Jose G Sanz stated that Orton recently contacted him about making boots for his return.

Orton’s old tag team partner, Riddle, hasn’t returned after being suspended and sent to rehab in December.

LionDen
03-24-2023, 03:09 AM
I look forward to Orton's return. :)

Smartmark
03-24-2023, 10:19 PM
Orton should pull a Hogan at WM 9 and challenge Cody to a match for the title after the main event with Reigns, only to squash Cody in seconds and become the NEW World Champion.

:shifty:

LionDen
03-25-2023, 03:23 AM
Orton should pull a Hogan at WM 9 and challenge Cody to a match for the title after the main event with Reigns, only to squash Cody in seconds and become the NEW World Champion.

:shifty:

lol I would mark out. I just want him back. Imagine the reception he is going to get when that music starts.