PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch Knocks Logan Paul & Influencers Trying to Cash in on Wrestling

Kemo
03-28-2023, 09:34 PM
Becky Lynch is not a fan of influencers coming into pro wrestling for big money and working limited dates.

For decades, WWE has used celebrities for big shows, some of them even wrestling. In the case of Logan Paul, the YouTuber/boxer is under contract with the company where he works a few matches per year, but none are house shows, and he’s not on television every week.

Paul is slated to take on Lynch’s husband, Seth Rollins, at WrestleMania 39. At this same show, Trish Stratus, Lynch & Lita vs. Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY) will also take place.

While speaking with E News, Lynch was asked whether she knew who Paul was before he got to WWE.

“God, no. I didn’t know who these Paul brothers were until they started doing boxing. I was like, ‘Why do people love these people?’"

When asked what her take is on influencers getting into wrestling.

“I don’t love it. What’s he done? Two, three matches per year? Yeah, no, I work 52 weeks a year. I take my baby on the road. You’ve traveled with your child, you know how troubling that is. You know the effort that takes. To do that 52 weeks a year because I love this because we have to make the towns."

She continued, "The fans come to see us every single week. Three, four, five times a week. We make the towns and to just come in and get the big matches and the big stadium when you haven’t put in the work, I don’t love that.”

Fans have been split on the idea of mainstream stars like Logan Paul and Bad Bunny competing for WWE. Both men have had (more than) respectable showings in the ring.

At the end of the day, there's a finite number of pro wrestling fans out there. Growth comes from reaching a mainstream audience and attracting new fans. As long as the Logan Pauls of the world are willing to step in the ring, WWE is going to see dollar signs in their loyal fanbases.

LionDen
03-29-2023, 07:17 AM
lol You tell em Becky. At least Logan Pauls contract ends at Wrestlemania. Wonder if he will get a new one.