PDA

View Full Version : Edge Explains Why he’s Always Been a WWE Loyalist

Kemo
03-28-2023, 09:52 PM
After signing with WWE during the Attitude Era, Edge has stayed with the company and only worked for them, although he has had chances to leave to go to other promotions.

When Christian Cage went to TNA Wrestling, Edge could’ve followed, something he has previously discussed.

When he was medically cleared after being retired from wrestling in late 2019 before returning at the Royal Rumble in January 2020, Edge previously revealed that he had received an offer from AEW, but Vince McMahon made him an offer, and he opted to stay with WWE.

While appearing on Sportsnet 590 The Fan, Edge mentioned there was an opportunity to wrestle outside of WWE, but didn’t give it much consideration.

“There was an opportunity to (go elsewhere outside of WWE). Again, it’s where I’ve spent my entire career outside of the indies, right? So, this year will be my 25th year with the WWE since my television debut, and having been there so long and understanding how it works and understanding just the machine that it is, there’s something to be said for that. There’s also something to be said for trying something new and exciting and a new set of faces and a new way of the way things work. I’ve always been a loyalist though in terms of that company. It’s what I grew up watching and it’s where I always wanted to get to. What it boils down to I guess is where I think I can have the most fun honestly. That’s where I’m at in life. It’s not like I’m grinding to get to WWE anymore so I’ve been there and I’ve done it and I’ve done everything and then some so, now it’s just a matter of what I enjoy the most and I think it’s there (he laughed).”

Edge will wrestle Finn Balor in a Hell in a Cell match at WrestleMania 39 this weekend.