PDA

View Full Version : Seth Rollins Nearly Passed Out During his Entrance at WWE WrestleMania 35

Kemo
03-31-2023, 09:08 PM
WrestleMania 35 was a monumental night for the career of Seth Rollins, but it was one that the Architect of the Shield nearly didn't get to see.

The 2019 edition of WWE's Showcase of the Immortals took place on April 7 and would mark the final one-night WrestleMania.

The show is also remembered for being the first WrestleMania to feature a women's main event, with Ronda Rousey, Charlotte Flair, and Becky Lynch closing the show.

With both the Raw and SmackDown Women's Championships being defended in the main event, the men's World Championships needed other spots on the card.

In a first, the WWE Universal Championship match opened the show, with Brock Lesnar defending his gold against Men's Royal Rumble winner Seth Rollins.

Watching the match back for WWE Playback, Rollins said that the placement of the match on the show nearly had very dire consequences.

"A little tidbit of information on this one is, I nearly passed out on my entrance here. You're going to see me come out here, fired up, but because we came out early and it was such a late change, I hadn't eaten properly. So I was real fired up, I'm screaming hoot and holler and adrenaline through the roof. And you can see me pause right there. [Rollins suddenly stops and looks confused in the video.] Yep, okay, get it together. See I kind of stumbled there, see that little stumble? That was me nearly passing out. Finally, I got it [Rollins regains his composure in the video] got it back, yeah.

"It's like when you sit up and you get lightheaded. That was me right there, that's how I felt. Maybe if I had some beefy bee [acknowledging the video's sponsor Wendy's] I wouldn't have nearly passed out on my entrance. God, wild to think about it."

Rollins' entrance would prove to be a test for him, and things wouldn't get better when he started brawling with Lesnar.

Before the bell had rung, Lesnar attacked Rollins outside of the ring, and in one spot, threw Seth into the ring apron.

In the video, Rollins explained just how badly this innocuous spot messed him up.

"When Brock threw me into the ring there, there are LED boards on all the rings now. And he thought there was an LED board there, so he thought it was going to be hard, so he threw me into the base of the ring. But there's nothing there, so I just went into the metal underneath the ring, like this. It's just a metal frame and my elbow was messed up for months after that. So, yeah, God just immediately in pain."

Despite this, Rollins would defeat Lesnar, marking Seth's first reign as WWE Universal Champion and third World Championship reign in WWE.

LionDen
04-01-2023, 01:20 AM
Interesting insight ..