PDA

View Full Version : Triple H Explains Decision To Not Put The Title On Cody Rhodes At WrestleMania 39

Kemo
04-03-2023, 08:13 PM
Triple H has opened up about the decision to not put the Undisputed Title on Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania 39 and continue Roman Reigns' run instead.

Another WrestleMania is in the books and the biggest story of it has to be the match of Rhodes and Reigns. After having defeated people such as Drew McIntyre and Sami Zayn in the last few months, many thought The Tribal Chief's historic run will finally come to an end at WrestleMania 39.

The company however choose not to put the belt on The American Nightmare despite the enormous support he has received from fans in his road to WrestleMania.

Triple H took part in the media scrum after the show. The head of WWE creative was asked how much he weighed out the decision between creating another mega star in Cody Rhodes by giving him the win vs continuing to drag the story. The Game responded by saying that it's not so much dragging but telling the story:

"Yeah. So what I would say to that is first drag things out, sounds negative, right? It's not drag things out. It's tell the story. It's telling a story. Where do you want to go with the story and how do you want to get there? I think in the moment you think, like, 'Oh, my God, I can't believe.' right? If you're watching a movie and you thought every scene in the movie was the last scene in the movie, the entire movie, [you'd go] 'I can't believe they just did that. It was the worst movie ever.' Then you go 'Oh wait, there's more. Oh, wait, there's more.'

How much do we weigh that out? Every single moment of every single day, some days when I'm trying to sleep and I can't sleep it's because I'm weighing that out in my brain. I wish that I could sleep instead of weighing it out in my brain. It's all you think about. If you're gonna be good at this, It consumes you every moment of everything you do."

Triple H then explained how he makes his decisions. He mentioned that some people will argue against the ending. However, he claimed that he wouldn't have made the call, if he didn't feel like there was a compelling story to be told:

"It's a feel and you feel it. Sometimes you feel wrong. Sometimes your feeling is wrong. Sometimes your feeling is right. But I do know that It always continues and the story doesn't end here. Some people will look at it and say like 'Well, if you did this, it would have been better.' but you don't know that, do you? That's the thing. You're never gonna know.

Because If you did the other thing, might not have worked out the way you wanted to. People might not have reacted to it the way you wanted to. So it's always a feel, and where you are at that moment, honestly, is the right place to be and then that's where you have to be and bank on what's next. So you continue to tell the story but if I didn't feel like we had a compelling story on the other side. It wouldn't be the decision."

You can check out the full press conference featuring Triple H below:

Psqd1Bj9Gqs

Smartmark
04-03-2023, 08:15 PM
It was the right decision, no doubt. The Marks can be as angry they want, but when you get down to it, Cody was not the right choice.

LionDen
04-04-2023, 01:27 PM
I am just happy Reigns won as it may bring a chance for The Rock to be involved in the future.

TKO
04-08-2023, 11:52 PM
One of the worst decisions ever great wrestlemania is well ruined by that shit honestly can’t believe it. Triple H is a fucking piece of shit cunts are cunts and I hope he dies of cancer. I hope his daughters get gang raped as well. It ain’t fucking stupid retard