PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon Will be Part of WWE Creative "On a Higher Level" After Endeavor Deal

Kemo
04-03-2023, 08:27 PM
https://i.imgur.com/S5r9Ov8.jpg

WWE Executive Chairman Vince McMahon has outlined his role with the promotion's creative department in the wake of the acquisition by Endeavor.

Earlier today, it was confirmed that WWE has been acquired by the parent company of the UFC for $9.3 billion.

A new publicly listed company, which will have a worth of over $21 billion, consisting of WWE and UFC will be created, with McMahon serving as Executive Chairman.

The news of WWE being bought by Endeavor has once again raised questions as to McMahon's future with WWE.

McMahon returned to the promotion in January of this year to oversee the sale, after retiring in July 2022 due to the hush-money scandal.

Speaking to CNBC, McMahon was asked about whether he will have a role with WWE's creative team in the wake of the acquisition by Endeavor.

"Yes and no. On a higher level, yes. In the weeds, which I've always loved to get in the weeds in the past, no. Can't do that."

When CNBC spoke to Ari Emanuel, CEO of Endeavor, he revealed that McMahon was prepared to walk away from WWE if it would help with the sale.

Emanuel also said that he will have no role with WWE or the company's creative division, adding that it is McMahon's "lane."

Emanuel joked that he would have bodyslammed McMahon if he had insisted on leaving WWE.

Vince McMahon will have a role with WWE's creative "on a higher level," but some in WWE believe he has already begun influencing the storylines.

Last month, it was reported that McMahon's 'fingerprints' had been felt on recent shows which had affected the roster's morale.

Examples shared by talent included last-minute rewrites, and gimmicks being changed to something that the roster believes is catered to the billionaire's tastes.

LionDen
04-04-2023, 05:41 AM
McMahon should just leave creative entirely but I guess he just can not do that, he probably still thinks of WWE as his baby. It is good Emanuel is staying out of WWE creative entirely .... for now. lol

TKO
04-09-2023, 12:00 AM
Might as well kill the company with Vince and hhh