PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon has "Moved On" from his Personal and Professional Scandals

Kemo
04-03-2023, 08:30 PM
WWE Executive Chairman will not dwell on the "mistakes" of the past including those that led to his retirement last year.

In July 2022, McMahon's involvement in the hush-money scandal led to the 77-year-old billionaire stepping down from WWE.

McMahon would regret retiring, reportedly not long after making the decision, and strong-armed his way back into WWE in January of this year.

McMahon paid millions of dollars to women in NDAs for these women to keep quiet over allegations that he had been inappropriate with them.

After McMahon retired, a day countless fans thought they would never see, many believed that he would never be able to return to the promotion.

Speaking to CNBC, McMahon was asked about the mistakes of the past, and the Executive Chairman has moved on.

"I have made mistakes, obviously personally and professionally throughout my 50-year career. I have owned up to every single one of them and then moved on."

When asked if this sale would have still happened, or happened at this time, had his retirement not happened, McMahon was sure that it would.

"Absolutely [the sale would have happened.] Because it makes sense. Nothing has ever happened like this before. I'm always looking for what's best for our stockholders and what's best for the company. This is the best thing that's happened in a long, long time. All of the WrestleManias combined, there's been 39... doesn't really equal to the magnitude of what we will do together."

Vince McMahon the person is one of the most intriguing, complex figures in wrestling, and is a far more interesting person than his Mr. McMahon character.

As part of his return to WWE and the deal with Endeavor, McMahon will have ownership of his IP, giving him the chance to tell his side of things.

When asked about his legacy in wrestling and business, McMahon had a loose idea of how he'd like to be remembered.

"I'm not sure about the legacy stuff. I'm not going to write it, so I don't know. I want to say it's someone who had an extraordinary amount of fun, had a great passion for what he did, and wound up doing the biggest deal he's ever done in his life."

When interviewer Scott Wapner said that McMahon now has the chance to write his legacy, the billionaire laughed, adding "it is what it is."

Ari Emanuel, CEO of Endeavor shared his two cents and believes that it is only fair that McMahon has the chance to write his story.

"I think that's fair. It is his legacy. He's the one we're coming together [to work with.] He's the one to control his legacy. It shouldn't be controlled by somebody else. And that's actually fair. Legacy, he's built fifty years. It shouldn't be held by anybody else. It should be him."

The pair added that they plan on the new company, consisting of WWE and UFC, to launch in full within the next four-to-six months.

LionDen
04-04-2023, 05:44 AM
I bet if anything is written about his legacy in wrestling, McMahon will have some say on it. lol