PDA

View Full Version : Sheamus Has 'Mixed Feelings' About The Survivor Series WarGames Match

Kemo
04-04-2023, 07:27 PM
Sheamus feels being part of the WarGames match is not one of his top career highlights.

The first WarGames match on the WWE main roster took place last year at Survivor Series. It saw The Bloodline going up against the Team of The Brawling Brutes, Drew McIntyre and Kevin Owens. Roman Reigns and company won this bout after Sami Zayn proved his loyalty and took out Owens.

The Celtic Warrior was asked about this bout during a recent appearance on Ryan Satin's Out of Character podcast. Sheamus claimed that he had mixed feelings about it.

"Yeah, it was cool. It was cool. I have mixed feelings about the whole thing. I thought it was alright, I thought it could have been better. It's a different type of match. The fact that people can't get eliminated until everybody gets in... it was alright, yeah, I had fun. It was another experience for me. I have done a lot in this business. That was another type of match that I had never been in. So in that respect, it was cool."

When asked if he has any criticism about the match, the former WWE champion claimed that he doesn't have specific criticism. He explained that he's just been part of better matches:

"I don't have any criticism about it, I just thought it was, it was all right. Like it's not something that.....if I go back in my career, it's not something I go on like 'Oh that moment there, that WarGames match’. It wouldn't be up there anywhere near me top 5 or 10 you know. I've had some great match Hell in the cell. I really like the one I had against Randy. Money in the bank matches, Cage matches, the one with John at Money In The Bank years ago."

Sheamus expanded on the build-up to the match. The storyline was originally about the rivalry between the Irish Star and The Tribal Chief. This changed after the announcement of WarGames. The WWE star explained that the focus was on The Bloodline story and their team were just the opponents in the bout:

"I think the story for us, I just felt at the time the story was, the story was not really [about us]. We were just there as the opponents. The story hadn't really heated up to that point. It was going in a different direction...which is just the way it is sometimes with storylines. So as I said, it was cool to go in there and be involved in a match like that. But it’s not something I am gonna look back in my career and go ‘Yeah man the first Wargames match I was in, it was in the main roster yeah.’ You know what I mean? I don’t think so."

When asked about the original story, Sheamus confirmed that a singles match between him and Reigns was the original plan. As is often the case with WWE, things changed:

"It was heading that way and then things changed. Things change all the time. Creative stuff happens. It was heading in that direction and just took a U-turn."

You can check out Sheamus' full interview below:

5vVcD73drZQ

LionDen
04-04-2023, 10:38 PM
I liked the match :)