PDA

View Full Version : Brock Lesnar Says Without Paul Heyman 'The Business Wouldn't Be What It Is'

Kemo
04-04-2023, 07:30 PM
Paul Heyman has played a crucial role in Brock Lesnar's career. The Beast Incarnate first broke into the business with the Mad Scientist of Wrestling by his side. This pairing then redefined the meaning of having a mouthpiece for two decades. Heyman has helped Lesnar at every turn in his career since their first meeting, both in and out of WWE. Brock recognizes the contribution of Paul and says that the business wouldn't be the same without him.

The former Universal Champion spoke to Daniel Cormier for an interview over WrestleMania week. Cormier joked about Lesnar never getting his hands on Heyman after Paul betrayed him for Roman Reigns. Brock Lesnar first played along but then praised the former ECW Owner for everything he has done:

“I know, I know...man, that guy [laughs]. It’s been a crazy ride too when you think about it. I broke into this business with Paul Heyman as my mouthpiece. Here I am 23 years later, and I’m carrying my own shtick, so it’s crazy how things have evolved. I’m glad that I was [with Paul]. Without Paul Heyman this business wouldn’t be what it is. It really, it truly wouldn’t. Because, especially in the last year, Paul behind the scenes carries and does and wears a lot of hats for this company. He’s greatly respected and greatly appreciated.”

Brock Lesnar also talked about the changes to his character since his return to the company in August 2021. He mentioned how in his mind, he had retired from the business after putting over Drew McIntyre at WrestleMania 36. It was Vince McMahon who pulled him back in and they chose to keep the look from his time away intact:

“Yeah, it’s been really refreshing. In 2020 I retired and was gonna be just done. Cause I had my 20 years in. Covid hit, my contract was up. I had my very first wrestling match in Hamel, Minnesota, in an empty garage and there I was 20 years later, fighting Drew McIntyre in front of no people for the WWE Championship. I was like, 'You know what, it’s came full circle,' and I was truly done.

I grew my beard out, grew my hair out, and then my birthday came around and then the phone rang. It was Vince ‘what you doin'?’ and I’m like, 'I’m just chillin'.' Then it just kinda [happened]. We didn’t even have a game plan. I think it was SummerSlam and I flew down there, I said 'If you wanna do this, let’s hash a deal out, I’d love to see it.' So I flew down to Vegas and we’re off for the races. I was like, 'I don’t want to cut my beard or cut my hair,' and he’s like, 'I love it.' So here we are.”

You can check out Brock Lesnar's full interview below:

B-0e8Dgi7C0

LionDen
04-04-2023, 11:12 PM
Paul Heyman has done a lot for the business. A good interview with Lesnar.