PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Amell Reacts To Cody Rhodes Beatdown

Kemo
04-05-2023, 06:45 PM
Arrow and Heels star Stephen Amell has weighed in on the shocking angle between Brock Lesnar and Cody Rhodes on RAW.

At WrestleMania 39, to the surprise of many, 'The American Nightmare' failed in his bid to dethrone Roman Reigns. Now, it appears 'The Tribal Chief' will indeed reach the 1,000 day milestone as a World Champion after all.

The next night on RAW saw another eyebrow-raising moment when Brock Lesnar turned heel. The former UFC Heavyweight Champion initially seemed to have Cody Rhodes' back in his ongoing war with The Bloodline. However, in a grim conclusion to the night, Lesnar turned on, and brutally dismantled, the son of a son of a plumber.

After years of portraying a monstrous villain, 'The Beast Incarnate' found surprising new life as a good-humored babyface upon returning in the summer of 2021. His return to a more diabolical persona has come out of nowhere.

Stephen Amell was present for Lesnar's 180 on siding with Cody Rhodes. In a humorous tweet on the matter, Amell sarcastically thanked the promotion for letting him down two nights in a row with their polarizing booking of 'The American Nightmare'.

Stephen Amell and Cody Rhodes go all the way back to when the 2023 Royal Rumble winner was still under the dreaded Stardust moniker.

At SummerSlam 2015, Amell and Neville (PAC) picked up a tag team win over Stardust and Wade Barrett. Rhodes also made several appearances on Arrow as the villainous Derek Sampson.

The pair have since collaborated for All In in 2018 as well, where Amell fell to Christopher Daniels in singles competition. All In proved to be one of the most important events in modern wrestling history. The indie event ultimately served as the catalyst for the rise of AEW. For Cody Rhodes, his leading hand in the creation of the event greatly elevated his stock in the professional wrestling industry.

For now, it appears Rhodes will rebound from his recent setbacks with a potentially thrilling feud with Brock Lesnar.

LionDen
04-06-2023, 07:58 AM
I got to admit I was shocked by it all. I did not expect that at all.