PDA

View Full Version : Damian Priest on Triple H: “He's a Wizard of This Business”

Kemo
04-05-2023, 06:53 PM
Damian Priest has found a lot of success while working under Triple H whether that be in WWE NXT or now on the main roster.

Priest’s career with WWE had a resurgence once he joined The Judgment Day group with Edge and Rhea Ripley, later leading to Dominik Mysterio and Finn Balor joining the group while the WWE Hall of Famer was kicked out.

The group changed quite a bit shortly after Triple H took over main roster creative from Vince McMahon last summer when he walked away from WWE, although now he’s back.

While speaking with Ryan Satin of Out of Character, Priest opened up on his relationship with Triple H:

“It's great. There's a different understanding with certain people. First of all, he gets just about anyone in this business because he's a Wizard of this business. I think I know a lot. I don't think I know it all. But I think I know a good amount about this business, then I'd have a conversation with Triple H, and I feel like I don't know anything. I'm like, 'What? Send me back to NXT. Man, I need to learn something.'

Because he's just so good and it's great. With me, particularly, we're two metal heads that like chains and biker stuff and, same type of, just everyday [things]. We just have so many similar likes, that we can just have conversations that have nothing to do with wrestling. So he gets the person. I also am a big fan of the showmanship of what we do. I was always big on entrances, even when I worked with Ring of Honor, I made sure that was a thing. I was like, 'Hey, I want my entrance to be cool. I don't want to just walk to the ring. We have to do stuff. I need lighting and smoke or something.' It was great to work with Hunter on that because he has the same passion clearly for that part of the spectacle. So getting to talk to him and him actually listening and being invested in what I'm saying. He getting excited as well because we're going to create something special. That's neat to have that with your boss. Because as much as it's Triple H - The Game, King of Kings, he's still the boss right? But he still has that other side that he's one of the boys. It's a good combo. Nobody treats him like one of the boys, he's still the boss that has a respect but in return, we get that understanding, as he's one of us. It's a good balance that he has.”

LionDen
04-06-2023, 08:12 AM
I think I know a lot. I don't think I know it all. But I think I know a good amount about this business, then I'd have a conversation with Triple H, and I feel like I don't know anything. I'm like, 'What? Send me back to NXT. Man, I need to learn something.'

lol Well Trips has had plenty of experience and is smart in the business sense of wrestling.