PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff Explains Why the WWE-UFC Merger is a Great Move

Kemo
04-05-2023, 06:56 PM
Wrestling industry veteran Eric Bischoff has opened up on WWE being sold to Endeavor in a deal that shocked the sports entertainment industry.

Vince McMahon recently returned to the company and it was reported he wanted WWE to be sold. CNBC recently noted that the company was in advanced talks with Endeavor, the parent company of UFC. A deal was then finalized and an official statement was issued on Monday.

It was noted that under the deal, UFC and WWE would be combined into one publicly traded company to be worth around $21 billion. Endeavor purchased 51% of WWE, with 49% being retained by WWE shareholders.

In a statement, Endeavor announced a "definitive agreement" that would see WWE come under the company's ownership in an estimated $9.3 billion deal.

While speaking to TMZ Sports, Eric Bischoff stated that he was pretty surprised that Vince McMahon sold his company to Endeavor. Previously, Bischoff didn’t think Vince McMahon was going to sell in the first place. It seems that though Bischoff was surprised by Vince McMahon’s decision to sell the company, he reckoned it was actually a good move for WWE.

Here is what he said:

“I think it was a good move. I think it was time for the company to take that next step, whatever that next step will ultimately be, but I think the combined strength of UFC and WWE...and Endeavor, look, Endeavor is a powerhouse in their own right, there's gonna be a lot of opportunity that is born out of the fact that Endeavor is the owner of this new UFC-WWE company. I think there's gonna be a lot of exciting things. It's a great time to be in the sports entertainment business.”

We will now have to wait and see what the future holds for WWE.

joOJv81d_kY

LionDen
04-06-2023, 08:15 AM
I agree with Bischoff. The deal will not be finalized until the end of the tear, so a long time for it to come about anyway.