PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch on Rhea Ripley: “She’s The Future of The Wrestling Business”

Kemo
04-05-2023, 06:57 PM
Becky Lynch is high on Rhea Ripley as the future of what the WWE women’s division can become.

At WrestleMania 39 over the weekend, Ripley beat Charlotte Flair for the SmackDown Women’s Title on Saturday night in the co-main event. This was a WrestleMania rematch from 2020 at WrestleMania 36 when Flair beat her for the NXT Women’s Title.

At this same event, Trish Stratus, Lynch & Lita defeated Bayley, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY in a six-woman tag team match.

While speaking with ESPN, the former WWE Raw Women’s Champion gave high praise to Ripley and noted that she's one of the best female wrestlers that she has seen in the history of the business.

“She is the champion. She is one of the greatest female wrestlers I’ve ever seen in my entire life. She’s a natural, she’s a star. She's mesmerizing to watch. She’s the future of the wrestling business, I think. But I can’t wait to beat her for that title one day.”

“Well, My time is gonna come here one of these days, but Rhea has a lot of time left. I’m very excited [for] what she is going to do for the women’s division on SmackDown. I think it needs a fresh coat of paint, and I couldn’t think of a better fresh coat of paint than Rhea Ripley.”

3VbvVHvwhmY

LionDen
04-06-2023, 08:18 AM
Well done to both Australians, Ripley for winning the Smackdown Women's championship at Mania and Indi Hartwell winning the NXT Women's championship at Stand and Deliver. :)